Who is it for?
This course is ideal for low hazard environments (e.g. offices, shops, libraries) or where your needs assessment identifies a requirement for a first aider trained in emergency first aid at work.
If your needs assessment identifies additional hazards or risks or staff with a medical condition such as asthma, diabetes or a heart condition we recommend the first aid at work course as this covers a broader syllabus including the recognition and treatment of a wider range of conditions.
Length: 1 day
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Course content includes:
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).